I have trained students, professional journalists and researchers from all across the world in the craft of using data for insight.
Want to book a data visualisation training for your team? Or want to train your newsroom in the tools and tricks of data journalism?
- Economic Times, December 2021
Two-day bootcamp on data journalism. Focused on data extraction, use of spreadsheets for analysis and data communication using a mix of theory and practical exercises.
- Thomson Reuters Foundation and Asian Development Bank, November 2021
Introductory session on data visualisation for two groups of Filipino journalists.
- Malayala Manorama, October 2021
Three sessions on data journalism for the Malayalam newspaper. Co-taught with Rukmini S.
- International Center for Journalists, October 2021
Four sessions on data journalism using spreadsheets with a collaborator in the U.S. for investigative journalists in Sri Lanka
- East West Center, September 2021
Two sessions on data journalism with a collaborator in Pakistan for Pakistani and Indian journalists
- Columbia Journalism School’s Lede Program, June - July 2021
Six sessions on Data Storytelling
- Council of Energy, Environment and Water (CEEW), 2021
Three months of intensive dataviz training
- Facebook Journalism Project, May 2021
Three introductory sessions on data journalism for Indian journalists
- DesignUp, November 2019
“All the things that your chart should not be” - A workshop for design professionals
- Indian Institute of Mass Communication, 2017-18
Two semesters of data journalism for PG Diploma Students